11 Quotes to Get You Motivated for a Successful 2020
Ready to make 2020 your best year yet? We love a good motivational quote to get us going when we need it the most. Here are some of our favorites — feel free to print out the images or just bookmark this blog for future reference when you need a boost.
1. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Do you work hard to satisfy your customers and ensure they have a smooth loan approval process — only to wonder why you didn’t get the five out of five stars or the referral you were looking for? Humans, by nature, are more likely to remember their experience based on their feelings. A customer will work with you even through difficulties if they feel you’re doing your best, staying in touch, and being transparent.
2. “Do what you have to do so you do what you want to do.”
Everyone procrastinates. There’s always some part of our job that we don’t look forward to doing. Whether it’s emailing or delivering bad news, doing those things first frees you to move on to the tasks you enjoy most.
3. “Don’t stop until you’re proud.”
Successful people appreciate the power of going above and beyond. They take pride in their work and the results speak for themselves. Provide the kind of quality service you’d expect to get.
4. “It’s not about whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get back up.”
Who said failure is not an option? How do we learn if we don’t make mistakes? Failure is a temporary state, and it can be humbling. But, it’s through humility that we learn and come back even stronger.
5. “What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t happened yet.”
An unhappy customer, a colleague drops the ball, one meeting too many — we all have bad days. There’s comfort in knowing that tomorrow is another day and another chance to be and do our best.
6. “Why not go out on a limb? That’s where the fruit is.”
While pushing the limits is a gamble, but if we don’t do try how will we ever know if we could’ve succeeded? Each of us has our own limits, our own risk tolerance. Identify yours and then exceed it.
7. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what set your soul on fire.”
Many years ago, I had a boss who used to say, “If you don’t wake up in the morning looking forward to work, you need to find another job.” Passion, following it, and bringing it to your work, isn’t just the key to success. It’s crucial to your happiness.
8. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
9. “If it was easy, everyone would do it.”
When the going gets tough, do you keep going? Difficulty is an obstacle and obstacles are challenges. Whether it’s working with a customer who won’t be satisfied or finding the right loan for a first-time homebuyer who doesn’t have the cash for a down payment, this is your chance to shine.
10. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.”
Where do you see yourself in five years? Consider taking on a new task, signing up for a course, or finding a mentor. Having a clear vision of your future self is the starting point for reaching your goal.
11. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
In addition to inspiring and motivating, these small truths offer a path to self-actualization as well as success. Learned through experience, these bits of wisdom and encouragement offer insight and help us address the challenges each of us face daily in our work.